Volunteers are integral to the success of our festival and we appreciate your time, dedication and enthusiasm. We have had many very positive comments about the professionalism of our volunteers and are proud to have you aboard!If you would like to be a part of our Taste volunteer team, please submit the short form below.
Your work as a volunteer is an integral part of the Taste: Victoria Festival of Food & Wine. As a volunteer, you are contributing to the success of this fabulous event building awareness for enjoying local food and wine and to the fundraising efforts for our beneficiary.
In doing so, you help support and celebrate local producers, restaurants, farmers and wineries. An event of this size and scope is just not possible without the work of volunteers, so with much gratitude – we THANK YOU!
How can I help?
Your role as a Festival volunteer is to carry out duties that are critical to the smooth and successful operation the event. Duties may include (but are not limited to):
- Setting up prior to the afternoon and evening tasting events, ie. setting up signage, filling ice tubs & water pitchers
- Assisting exhibitors upon entry and load-in
- Refilling water jugs and emptying rinse buckets
- Ticket taking at entrance doors
- Distributing tasting programs and wine glasses at entrance doors
- Access control posts at entrance and exits to the tasting room
- Providing assistance, direction or information to guests and ensuring they are all thanked for attending upon their exit
Taste: Victoria Festival of food takes place July 25-28, 2013. Volunteers are required for events on July 25th and/or setup on July 24th. After submitting your volunteer registration online at www.victoriaTaste.com you will be scheduled for a shift based on your availability. You will receive direct communication from our Volunteer Co-ordinator, Gigi Seals.
What makes a good festival volunteer?
Responsible, flexible, organized; Friendly with strong people skills; Interested in the hospitality or culinary industry and food and wine; Intermediate to advanced level of spoken English.
What are the volunteer benefits?
With a commitment and completion of your shift(s), you will receive the following:
- Volunteer appreciation event invitation.
- Let us show our gratitude! Featuring chances to win prizes, gift certificates, product, etc.
- Festival and event experience, chance to meet other volunteers, new people and networking opportunity.
What do I wear?
Please wear black pants and shirt and comfortable dark, closed-toed shoes. For volunteers working the event we will provide you with an apron, name tag, and, if needed, sanitary gloves, while you are working your shift.